Who We Are
Are you looking to become part of a team that is changing the way businesses across the world build software? Our mission is to design, build, deploy and maintain innovative custom software that allows our clients to start, run and grow world-class businesses with globally distributed teams based in Johannesburg, London, Nairobi and Cape Town.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Engineer with experience in DeFi and Blockchain that is able to implement software solutions that are tested, maintainable, reliable, and scalable. They’ll be collaborating with other amazing engineers, and take significant ownership and responsibility for the solutions they develop.We’re small enough that your voice will be heard and big enough to deliver on these ideas at scale. We work with some of the best protocols and scaling solutions on the planet, namely Chainlink and Polygon (as well as quite a few others).
- Frontend - React, React Native, Typescript, Next.js, 3rd Party APIs & GraphQL.
- Backend - Node.JS, Typescript, Apollo GraphQL, AWS and Docker. We use AWS Serverless whenever possible. Our backend engineering team develops architectures that are scalable from day 1, with no single points of failure.
- Smart Contracts: Primarily the ERC20 stack but across technologies such as Ethereum, Polygon, chainlink etc.
- Operations - Our AWS services are fully managed via infrastructure as code. We take cloud security, logging and monitoring seriously and use Bitbucket & Github CI/CD extensively
- Write clean, fully-typed code: Across our stack, we make heavy use of TypeScript to keep our code clean, maintainable, and less prone to errors. As a small team, code quality is a top priority, so we maintain high standards for cleanliness and structure.
- Code smart contracts: We have a couple behind us already but you'll be driving the coding of smart contracts and everything that comes with them. Think OlympusDAO, think leveraging what others have pioneered out there and including in what we push to drive our platforms forward. Living in Web3 is the name of the game, and solidity/JS is your smart contract safe zone.
Our ideal candidate can see the bigger picture and architect both front end and back-end systems to accomplish product goals. Experience with smart contracts, ERC-20, web3 and ethers.js. While you’ll primarily work with Node.JS / TypeScript, experience in DevOps is a plus.This role is fully remote (with offices optional and available!), though we would prefer this role specifically to be in a timezone where we can have more hours overlap with the European and African team members (CAT) due to the need for frequent communication and collaboration.
- Smart contract deployments under the belt, whether in production or on testnets
- 2+ years of experience working with go-ethereum project or fork of it. Alternatively, any other blockchain client
- Good understanding of blockchain related cryptography (public key, BLS signatures, MACs, etc)
- Autonomy & ability to design complex systems
- Passion for growing others
- BONUS: 2+ years of experience working with Go
- BONUS: Experience working with low level database programming & systems optimisation
- BONUS: Experience designing and& implementing layer 2 blockchain solutions
We invest in people who can see the future and who work hard to achieve it. SovTech has a young, dynamic, and fast-growing team. We’re only looking for outstanding people – those unique individuals who are brilliant, always happy to help, socialise, get involved, work hard, and enjoy what they do! We have a continuous learning culture that allows our people to grow and develop in the opportunities across our various teams. Keep reading to learn about what else we have to offer.
Finally, if that does not give you enough insight into SovTech, check out our Humans of SovTech Instagram page